Keystone Comic Con 2018: Don’t Miss Out On Webtoon’s Massive Original Line-up
On the “road to Philly”, Webtoon is bringing comics fans a whole roster of new original series. At Keystone Comic Con’s inaugural show this weekend in Philadelphia, PA Webtoon will host panels, giveaways, and signings all weekend long.
As if Chibi Island, Lore Olympus, and Let’s Play weren’t enough, Webtoon continues to impress. Highlights include celebrating the release of Acursian from John Barrowman, Carole Barrowman, and Erika Lewis which is available now.
If you’re in Philadelphia this week checking out Keystone Comic Con don’t miss out on everything Webtoon has to offer. You can see the full panel line-up below.
WEBTOON PAVES ROAD TO PHILLY WITH NEW ORIGINAL SERIES
Webtoon Sponsors Inaugural Keystone Comic Con
LOS ANGELES (September 10, 2018) – Webtoon is gearing up for the debut of Keystone Comic Con with an impressive roster of talent launching new series this September, announced today. The #1 web comic publisher will see the debut of Heir’s Game from Webtoon featured creator Susanna “suspu” Nousiainen (Shoot Around), a third season of 2018 Ringo-nominee Monica Gallagher’s Assassin Roommate, Outrage reunites Deadpool co-creator Fabian Nicieza and artist Reilly Brown on September 12, Aphrodite IX will make its vertical debut courtesy of Top Cow on September 13, and the most celebrated immortal man in the Sci-Fi world – John Barrowman releases Acursian courtesy of Legendary Comics on September 14! For more information please visitWebtoon.
Road to Philly Launch Summary:
Heir’s Game – Susanna “suspu” Nousiainen – September 10
In the Duchy of Belluna, when the next heir comes of age, there is held the Heir’s Game: a vicious series of duels to determine the bodyguard to the next ruling Duke. Isran, a mysterious fighter of unknown origins, and Theuden, the new heir to the duchy with secrets of his own, meet amidst this bloody game and the love that blooms between them will change everything.
Assassin Roommate S3 – Monica Gallagher – September 11
It’s been a month since Mags rescued her boyfriend Jason from DAGDA, the evil agency Mags’s family runs. But since then … no one’s seen or heard from her, and it’s time for Mags’s BFFs slash fellow assassins Jamie, Kurt and Jason to go on a mission to get her back. … But who will they find when they do?
Outrage – Fabian Nicieza, Reilly Brown – September 12
Outrage is the story of a mysterious individual who can navigate the Internet and physically manifest at the source of the vile bile that spews throughout social media. Along with an array of weaponry limited only by his imagination, Outrage can exact a swift, merciless pummeling of anyone who triggers, humiliates, mortifies, stalks, hawks, balks or otherwise abuses someone on the Internet. And also, anyone who doesn’t know the difference between their, there and they’re. But who or what is Outrage? Why is he – or she – so angry? And can this mysterious entity be tracked down before the interweb explodes with violence?
Aphrodite IX (TopCow) – Matt Hawkins, Stjepan Sejic – September 13
Reformatted from the original comic and available exclusively in vertical on Webtoon. Matt Hawkins’ and Stjepan Sejic’s acclaimed run on Aphrodite IX makes its Webtoon debut following Top Cow’s exclusive run of Cyberforce. Hundreds of years after a cataclysmic event scorched the surface, Earth and its inhabitants have been forever altered and a new landscape and political struggle has taken hold between two distinct factions fighting for control. Aphrodite IX is both anachronism and advanced technology in a world that she no longer recognizes. And to survive in this future she must choose sides in a war that she wants no part in.
Acursian (Legendary Comics) – John Barrowman, Carole Barrowman, Erika Lewis – September 14
Starring John Barrowman, Acursian is a time-traveling magical journey set between 1745 and present day that follows Charlie Stewart, a dislikeable lawyer whose bloodline is cursed by the Gods after Charlie’s ancestor, Prince Charles Edward Stewart, makes a deal with Bregon, the god of war. The exchange quickly backfires with Bregon stealing three talismans from his sisters, the goddesses of fate and time, and a battle soon ensues. Until the talismans are returned, the three sisters can no longer control fate and time, and Charles Edward Stewart and his descendants are cursed to lose everything on their 40th birthdays.
Webtoon’s Road To Philly is a celebration of the inaugural Keystone Comic Con at the Philadelphia Convention Center on September 14-16, 2018.
Webtoon is the official badge and lanyard sponsor, multiple panels, experiential booth, and host for a series of events featuring some of the most popular Webtoon creators at Keystone Comic Con! The activations will promote hit webcomic titles on Webtoon with signings and panels including the creators of Acursian, unOrdinary, I Love Yoo, Outrage, #Blessed, Eat Fighter, and more, as well as merch at Booth 933 on the show floor.
- Webtoon will host artist signings within the booth throughout the weekend featuring Quimchee (I Love Yoo), Chelsey Han aka uru-chan (unOrdinary), John Barrowman (Acursian), Fabian Nicieza (Outrage), Reilly Brown (Outrage), Erika Lewis (Acursian, Firebrand), Murrz (Murrz), and more – including a very special appearance by KennyComics!
- Interactive, social-enabled photo booth where fans can place themselves among their favorite characters.
- Exclusive convention giveaways for fans including limited-edition Webtoon-themed tote bags, blind bags, popsockets, pins, temporary tattoos, and artist posters.
- Up-and-coming artists can showcase and receive advice on their work through portfolio review sessions from Webtoon Head of Content, Tom Akel, as well as guest reviewers including Webtoon featured creator Reilly Brown (Outrage).
Acursian Spotlight Panel with John Barrowman, Carole Barrowman, and Erika Lewis
- Date: Friday, September 14
- Time: 4pm-5pm
- Location: Lecture Hall
- Description: Do you believe in curses? Charlie Stewart certainly does. On the eve of his birthday, Charlie seemed to have it all. But when he falls victim to an ancient Celtic curse, everything spirals out of control and his perfect life becomes a disaster zone of chaos and calamity. A unique fusion of mythic storytelling and modern urban angst, Acursian was just released by Legendary Comics and Webtoon and this focus panel will explore the secrets of this exciting new series with an appearance by writer/creators John Barrowman, Carole Barrowman, and Erika Lewis. Get ready to be CURSED!
Women Incorporated: Webtoon Empowers Creators
- Date: Saturday, September 15
- Time: 12:30pm-1:30pm
- Location: Panel Room A
- Description: Webtoon has one of the most diverse rosters of creators, with more than 50% female creators and 65% female readership – astonishing figures in the entertainment community! Our female creators cover multiple genres including Fantasy, Slice of Life, Horror, Romance, and more. Hear from some of Webtoon’s top creators on how they broke into the business, found their voice, and some of the challenges they met along the way. With Mary Park aka Murrz (Murrz), Stephanie Quimco aka Quimchee (I Love Yoo), Chelsey Han aka uru-chan (unOrdinary), Leanne Hannah (Heartwired), and Erika Lewis (Acursian, Firebrand). Hosted by Webtoon Head of Content Tom Akel.
Breaking In & Monetizing Your Comics With Webtoon
- Date: Sunday, September 16
- Time: 1:15pm-2:15pm
- Location: Panel Room A
- Description: Looking to break into creator-owned comics with the world’s largest comics publisher? Hear from creators M. Victoria Robado (#Blessed), Adam Ellis (Books of Adam), Chelsey Han aka uru-chan (unOrdinary), Fabian Nicieza (Outrage), and Fred Van Lente (Eat Fighter), on what it takes to break into the industry, how they’ve built their fanbases through Webtoon, and how to survive once you’re a full-time creator. Webtoon Head of Content Tom Akel will walk you through how to publish and promote your own IP on the Discover platform and provide details on Webtoon’s new ad sharing program.
While we couldn’t make it to Keystone Comic Con this year, we think it is going to be one heck of a show.