Dungeons & Dragons is a layered game. At its core it is about imagination and story telling. However, you can’t bring a bunch of nerds around a table to talk fantasy without some of them getting carried away. D&D has become a game that’s also got a gear component – all those things that drag players from our reality into the heart of the session. That’s exactly what RealmSmith Inc intends to help with through their Adventure Boxes.
Imagine this: you can pay for a subscription service, but instead of getting a box of food and recipes, or a box of clothes, you get a box of D&D supplies delivered to your door every month. We’re talking candles that smell like adventure, premade maps, minis and painting kits – everything you could need to run an immersive session for your players.
Well guess what? That’s a reality. Whether you’re just starting out, a player who is looking for a good gift, or a seasoned DM, you can’t go wrong with this box. Every box includes the following:
- Full-color Adventure Module: 5th edition compatible module written and designed by our own staff which provides cues on when to play moods from the Soundset and when to light the candle, etc. Each module can be used as a one-shot or to continue the ongoing campaign.
- Premium Plastic Unpainted Miniatures: Curated to provide everything needed for a major encounter within the module.
- Papercraft Terrain: Printed on premium card stock for you to simply cut out and build. We also offer the digital PDFs to download to print your own as well as instructions on how to assemble it all.
- Hand-Drawn Map: Drawn by our very own Jason Azevedo. The map provides information on the major encounter and a guideline of how the paper craft should be set up.
- Custom Syrinscape Soundset: A Soundset for the Syrinscape fantasy player designed by our own team that includes original sounds recorded by RealmSmith.
- Themed Scented Candle: Soy-based hand-poured scented candles that set the mood for a major encounter within the module.
- Mystery Player Item: A themed prop that is intended to be given to the players to enhance the story.
In other words, Adventure Boxes provide everything except the players! It takes the pain out of planning tertiary pieces of a session to allow DMs to really dig into the story.
The best part is that you can get in on the latest box by checking out their Kickstarter Campaign now! There are only 7 days left to support and collect some cool bonuses along the way.
Still need convincing? Joel Auge, one of the minds behind it, had this to say:
“DM’ing is fun… but to build a truly immersive experience for your tabletop RPG’ers is actually a LOT of work. Let us do the hard stuff and send you a fully curated immersive experience to your home EVERY MONTH!”
These boxes are a labor of love and are set to take your D&D sessions to the next level. Don’t miss out on this campaign!