My Cornballer Recipe
There are a million recipes out there for the Bluth family cornballers, but I’ve created one that is more corn patty and deliciousness and less burned hands and bad spanish dubs. I know the premiere for season 4 has been out for nearly a month, but there’s no reason you can’t enjoy one of these Bluth family favorites.
- 1 Box of Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Half & Half
- 2 stalks of Green Onions
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 can of golden corn
- 1 tsp of sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Dice half an onion.
- Put about half a box of Jiffy corn muffin mix. Mix 1/4 c of Half & Half with 1 egg. The texture of the batter should be rather thick.
- Now chop up two stalks of green onion, greens and the whites.
- Throw the chopped green onions and diced white onions into the batter, add the whole can of drained corn. Add in your bit of sugar, then add some salt and pepper to flavor.
- Heat up about an inch of vegetable oil in a pan. Test a bit of the batter to see if the oil is hot enough. Make sure it’s hot, but don’t burn the cornballers!
- Using 2 spoons, scoop and drop the batter into the oil.
- Plate up and eat that cornball!
Soy loco por los cornballers! Eat them with whatever condiments you want, but I like them plain. It’s also a great dish for vegetarians and fun to eat with the family. Watch out for the hot oil and enjoy!