Time to clear your calendar, stock up on snacks, and beg off of work for the day!
Comic Con International has finally confirmed that Open Registration for San Diego Comic Con 2017 will occur on April 8, 2017 at 9:00 AM PDT. The Expo Logic waiting room will open at 8:00 AM PDT for registration code authorization.
By Thursday, April 6, at least 48 hours prior to Open Registration, you will be sent an email with your registration code and link to the Expo Logic waiting room. You will also be able to log into your Member ID account and find this information on the “Registration Info” tab on April 6.
Make sure you have not opted-out of email correspondence from Comic-Con. Your opt-out preferences can be found on the “My Account” tab in your Member ID account. Add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com as an approved/authorized sender to your email account to ensure you don’t miss the emails.
Don’t forget to review our latest SDCC Sundays post for some Open Registration considerations, including what happens if the days you want sell out and thinking about how you’ll pay for the badges you purchase. The process is virtually the same as last year, with attendees being randomly allowed into the Expo Logic waiting room after verification and the start of the sale, and those who participated in Returning Registration have the opportunity to fill in any of the days they might have missed out on in the previous sale.
Open Registration Reminders:
- Check your eligibility for participation in Open Registration by logging into your Member ID – only Member IDs created before March 24, 2017 at 6:30 PDT are eligible.
- Keep badge prices in mind: $265 each for 4-Day plus Preview Night. You can purchase up to three, totaling $795.
- Each registration code is good for one entry into the Expo Logic waiting room.
- The Preview Night badge option may only be purchased if you buy a Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday badge OR if you have already purchased a Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday badge during Returning Registration.
- The Expo Logic badge registration system is not formatted for iPads, tablets, or mobile devices.
- You cannot enter the waiting room after 9:00 AM PDT!
- You will have 15 minutes to complete your entire registration session and purchase.
And remember, a final word of caution from CCI: “Remember, there are far more eligible attendees than badges available. Not everyone who enters the waiting room will be selected for a registration session. Admittance to the waiting room does not guarantee you a badge or registration session. To increase your chances of a success, we recommend you bookmark Toucan – the official blog of Comic-Con and WonderCon – for important updates. We will post helpful hints and tips in the week preceding Open Registration.”
Read all of the information from CCI on their website here.