So, as promised by the gods of Asgard, the trailer for Thor: The Dark World was released today! The best version can be found here, at Apple Trailers, along with multiple other places on the internet. The sequel to the first acclaimed film brought to life by Kenneth Branagh has not passed his torch onto Game of Thrones director, Alan Taylor. I hope that doesn’t mean a bunch of character deaths.
But let’s surmise what we can from this trailer.
- Jane is being taken to Asgard, leaving basically EVERYONE behind. I thought we were getting more of Darcy? Don’t get me wrong, that’s fine with me, but I’m just confused.
- Earth/Midgard is in trouble (surprise, surprise). Some more destruction of our world, seriously by the end of all of this will there be any old buildings?
- Malekith is the new baddie, though we have no idea what is actually going on with him. Seriously, we see him for like a second, and in the middle of like a hurricane.
- Oh, and by the way, Loki fully went into his Rock and Roll phase while he was being locked up.
- Everyone got new clothes!
Other than that, there’s a plethora of tid bits that the cast has revealed through interviews and meetings, but nothing is for sure. All we know is that it’s going to be a hell of a ride come November, and we are excited!