NYCC 2017: Enter the Funko Booth Lottery!
Last year at New York Comic Con, Funko implemented its first booth lottery using an online raffle system that would let attendees know before they got to the convention whether or not they would have access to the booth at any point during the weekend. There were good and bad things about the new system, but ultimately it was the first time since 2013 (trying at both San Diego Comic Con and New York Comic Con) that I was able to get into the booth. I’ll take that win.
Funko is continuing the booth lottery this year, but a lot more retailers are also jumping on board this year. Half the seats for Main Stage panels and exclusive autograph sessions are included in lotteries this year as well. To find out all of the Pre-Show Lottery info, you can read our full article here.
There are a few new rules in place for the Funko booth this year. Though it was stated last year in the rules that Fan Verification profiles were checked, all it took was an email confirmation to enter the booth. This year it has been bolded for emphasis in the rules that “only fans with Fan Verified email addresses will be able to enter.”
This is important because your Fan Verified email address is attached to your badge, where your entry to the Funko booth is going to be loaded onto electronically. There will no longer be a confirmation email to enter the booth, instead you’ll tap your badge at Funko to get in line for your exclusives. It will be the same procedure for all of your lottery wins.
Interestingly missing from the rules is last year’s specification that only Attendee and Professional badges may enter. Be sure to take your time and make sure that your picks for ALL days of NYCC are in order before you submit your lottery choices, as the days are tabbed along the top and many people were confused and only initially submitted for Thursday. If you think you submitted improperly, you can email NYCC for assistance.
You must sign-up for this lottery for a chance to enter the Funko booth at NYCC before Monday, September 25th at 2:00pm PT. Winners will be notified by Friday, September 28 at 2:00pm PT and you will have to confirm your participation!
From the Funko website:
- In order to ensure that only real NYCC attendees are entering the pre-show lottery, only fans with Fan Verified email addresses will be able to enter.
- PLEASE NOTE: Your entire entry will be disqualified if you try to enter lotteries for a day you don’t have a NYCC badge.
- In order to get as many different people through our booth as possible, fans will only be able to win one trip to the Funko booth throughout the entire show.
- Winning a ticket does not guarantee you any specific item at the Funko booth. Items may sell out by the time you reach the front of the line.
- Tickets are awarded for a specific date and time and must be redeemed for that specific session only. No exceptions.
- If you are selected, your ticket will be loaded onto your badge! You will just have to tap your badge at the booth entrance to redeem your spot at the time of your session.
- There will be a strict limit of one of each available item per ticket.
- You will not be able to line up at the Funko booth before your session begins.
- Every person in line will require a ticket. No exceptions.
- ADA attendees must also go through the same process as noted above.
- Please read NYCC’s FAQ for more information.
The lottery will be open from Thursday, September 14th at 11:00am PT until Monday, September 25th at 2:00pm PT at this link.
WWE Zack Ryder Pop!